Adfero is seeking a full-time Account Supervisor with experience and deep interest in communications and press strategies. We’re looking for a candidate who can lead client teams that deploy social media campaigns, pitch press, turn a clever phrase and stay on the leading edge of how we communicate our clients' messages and move public perception. We seek highly creative and strategic individuals who are collaborative, ambitious, dependable, and passionate about developing integrated campaigns.
This is both a strategic and hands-on role. You’ll be leading and collaborating with other team members to develop communication strategies and implementing communications initiatives. You’ll use your writing skills to take complex issues and transform them with appropriate messaging for various audiences. You’ll work collaboratively with our in-house creative and digital teams with video, web and related projects, and you’ll coach team members in their development. We’re looking for an innovative and driven communications professional that is looking to become a well-rounded strategist.
- Educate staff and stay up-to-date on client dynamics, positions and messaging, as well as relevant conditions in the external environment; understand complex issues and describe them for audiences with varying levels of subject matter expertise.
- Identify opportunities for expanding our services to current clients.
- Be the day-to-day leader on accounts you are assigned to.
- Participate in business development as needed.
- Manage teams deploying social media campaigns, both paid and organic.
- Build, maintain and grow active network of key local, state and national reporters at both legacy and new media outlets; actively, opportunistically and successfully pitch and place stories in target media.
- Write head-turning copy that distills complex political, policy, regulatory and public perception challenges into compelling narrative, including social copy and OpEds
- Work with design teams to leverage digital media channels with shareable content that drives and/or amplifies client narrative and placed stories.
- Conceptualize, organize, execute and assess media events of behalf client; generate media placements to drive and/or amplify event.
- Attend networking events before, during and after business hours as needed.
- Demonstrate project management skills to manage large and complex projects including establishing and maintaining timelines and ensuring quality assurance of all client deliverables.
- Act as a strategic partner and tactical leader to help accomplish the client’s goals.
- Assist team members with identifying value-add opportunities within existing client engagements.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in media relations, public relations, social media and/or communications
- Strong leadership skills and a desire to continually improve
- Previous account management and business development experience is a plus
- Fluent in digital media trends, strategies and best practices
- Strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with track record of placed written content
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and issues
- Solid research, analysis, and editing skills; ability to understand and explain complex policy issues in an emotionally-compelling way
- Demonstrated experience working on large and multi-faceted projects
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Solid project management and organizational skills, with proven ability to manage deadlines
- Initiative, with a commitment to continuous learning and improving strategic communications skills; eagerness to grow as a leader
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while independently managing projects
- A passion for our Core Values: Harambee. We all pull together. Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve. Be responsible for results. Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
- Alignment with our Core Values:
- Harambee. We all pull together.
- Learn from mistakes. Strive to improve.
- Be responsible for results.
- Respect the dignity and abilities of each individual.
Some of what we offer:
- Great culture: From a quarterly mentorship program to various social events, we care about our people and about learning, growing
- Interesting client work with growth opportunities.
- Bonus plan.
- Competitive benefits with a 401k match, 100% immediate vesting.
- Employee development-focused environment and a professional development budget for each employee/year.
- 12 vacation days in first year, 15 days in 2+ years, 5 sick days.
- Formal quarterly review sessions, weekly one-on-one meetings and daily stand-ups.
Adfero is a communications agency with an entrepreneurial mindset. We turn challenges into opportunities and relentlessly pursue success for our clients, creating remarkable work with lasting impact.
As a full-service communications agency, Adfero partners with a range of organizations from trade associations and the U.S. government to Fortune 500 companies and non-profits. Our imaginative ideas have been recognized by industry peers and awards panels.
At Adfero, our core purpose is to create opportunities for people to do what they do best, and we’re excited to offer those opportunities as we continue to grow. We also invest in individual professional development to help employees build on their skills and make meaningful contributions to their work. Adfero is committed to having high-performing client teams, and our team members share common attributes: we are optimistic, imaginative, persistent and results-oriented. Ultimately, we live by our core values and hold each other accountable to them.
We’re an extremely collaborative environment. That’s one of the things people love most about working here. We have a 100% open office so that we can more easily collaborate. Our employees like the many areas in the office where teams can congregate, brainstorm and work together, or just put their feet up and get things done more comfortably. Whether it’s working on projects together or participating in social events, we enjoy coming to work and learning from each other.